The Biomedical League for Advancement to Zenith Excellence has its prime objective in exploring and enduring possibilities in technology interlinked with the medical field, interweaving innovative ideas in technology related to health care.
BLAZE launched and inaugurated by Mr. K Vijayakumar, Former Head of Department, Clinical Engineering, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST) in the year 2009 as the core association of Electronics and Biomedical Engineering Department of TKM Institute of Technology. The organization aims to link the requirements of the medical field with the advanced engineering technologies. BLAZE has provided various opportunities to the budding biomedical engineers to prove their mettle and to explore newer dimensions and advancements in the field, ensuring an active participation in esteemed National conferences held in various parts of the country. BLAZE looks forward to open new vistas of opportunities for biomedical engineers.
- Nurture effective capabilities for the development of high quality technical and scientific manpower to meet the challenges of the knowledge era
- Foster learning and creative community that strives to continuously advance the frontiers of knowledge and promote the deployment and usage of biomedical applications for betterment of society.
- To apply advanced technology to the complex problems of healthcare.
- To design instruments, devices and software for new procedures and new devices in biomedical engineering.
- To adopt novel approaches in biomedical research & development.
- To recognize and respond to biomedical moral values and ethical issues and instill communication skills and creativity, and ensure continuous personal growth.
- To design and deliver technology to assist people with disabilities.
- To acquire the knowledge of material science for efficient design of biomedical implants.
- To understand the application of electronics and computers in design and evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment;
- To analyze new medical procedures to forecast likely outcomes;
- To conduct research, along with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists, on the engineering aspects of the biological systems of humans towards the production of cost effective medical devices.
Students are encouraged to undergo internship during the course of their study. Eminent resource persons from hospitals and institutions of higher learning are periodically invited for special lecturers on topics of current interest. The Organization also ensures an active clinical/industry partnership program that builds rapport with industry sources and focuses on maintaining contact with them. These contacts ensure students have no trouble when they seek practical exposure.
A vibrant Tech-Expo for creating awareness over the various aspects and scope of biomedical engineering organized by the student members of BLAZE.
A National Symposium organized by TKMIT in association with BLAZE in successive years.
A National Seminar in association with IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) focusing on latest trends and innovations in biomedical field.
Blood donation camps are held every year in association with the Annual Day celebration of BLAZE