Civil Engineering Association(ACT)
Apart from academics to improve the technical skills as well as the talents of the students, the student’s association plays an important role. Our association is very active in organizing invited talks, industrial interactions, cultural and technical events in the college, soft skill development programs, various workshops in different specializations etc. Association Civil Engineers TKMIT (ACT). It was started during the academic year 2019-20 with 167 student members.
Institution of Engineers India (IEI)
The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] is a statutory body to promote and advance the engineering and technology. It is the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers encompassing in India. The department of Civil Engineering started a student chapter during the academic year 2019-20 with 81 student members
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
The American Society of Civil Engineers represents members of the Civil Engineering profession. ASCE stands at the forefront of a profession that plans, designs, constructs, and operates society’s economic and social engine – the built environment – while protecting and restoring the natural environment. Through the expertise of its active membership, ASCE is a leading provider of technical and professional conferences and continuing education, the world’s largest publisher of Civil Engineering content, and an authoritative source for codes and standards that protect the public.
The Department of Civil Engineering started a student chapter during the academic year 2020-21 with 112 student members. Our student chapter is very active in organizing invited talks, industrial interactions, cultural and technical events in the college, soft skill development programs, various workshops etc
ACT (Association of Civil Engineering, TKMIT)
- Civil Engineering Association Inauguration and Civil Engineering Magazine “SRISHTI” Release organized by ACT on 16/11/19
- Design project exhibition by the Civil Engineering students of 5th semester ,conducted on 25/11/2019
- Online video of poster exhibition of salient outcomes of final year project.
- Workshop on “Building Information Modelling” organized by Department of Civil Engineering in association with Inter CAD systems Pvt. Ltd. on 01/08/2020
- Three day Webinar on “An Insight into Geospatial Technologies in Civil Engineering” organized by Department of Civil Engineering from 06/08/2020 to 08/08/2020
- Webinar on “Cement and other ingredients for concrete and its properties” organized by Department of Civil Engineering in association with India Cements Ltd. on 09/10/2020.
- Invited Talk on “Fundamentals of Structural Analysis” by Dr. Sajeeb R, Professor in Civil Engineering, TKM College of Engineering on 26/11/2020.
- Technical Talk on “ATAL TUNNEL UNIQNESS AND CHALLENGES” by E R Sunil Vasudevan on 09/12/2020
- Design Project Exhibition organized by ACT on 29/01/2021
- Motivational Talk organized by “Futton Learning Platform” on 28th September 2021 for GATE 2022
- Online Project Poster Presentation Of 2021
Design of floating modular homes/amphibious homes using BIM guided by
Dr B Saraswathy
- Prefabricated resilient house in coastal area guided by Minu Mumtaz Thaha
- Planning and design of flyover at Ayathil Junction guided by Athira G
- Software training program conducted by Department of civil engineering in association with BIM Labs, Thiruvananthapuram from 29th June to 3rd July 2022.
- Interactive session “Research opportunities in Civil Engineering and significance of higher studies” organized by Department of civil Engineering.
- Civil Engineering Exhibition ARCHINOVA’ 22 organized by ACT on 07/07/2022
ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers)
- On world environmental day, ASCE Students Chapter in association with NSS TKM Institute of Technology organized “ECOTOPIA” on 5 th June 2021.
- Webinar on “Highway Construction, Maintenance & Road Safetey in Practice”organised by ASCE Students Chapter on 30 th March 2021
- Orientation Programme” organized by ASCE Students Chapter on 19 th February 2021
- Technical talk on “Provisions in IS 456 on testing and acceptance of concrete” organized by ASCE Students Chapter on 27th September 2021
IEI (Institution of Engineers (India))
- IEI Student chapter Inauguration on 03/10/2019
- Seminar on “Energy Conservation: Today’s Challenges” as a part of Energy Day Celebration organized by IEI on 18/01/2020
- Industrial visit to oil palm India limited organized by IEI Kollam local center on 22/02/2020
- Three day expert lecture series on “Structures – Introduction to Design and Failure” organized by IEI student’s chapter from 21/10/21 to 23/10/21
- Special event on “World Water Day” organized by IEI Kollam Local Center on 13th March 2021
- Three day Webinar on “Prospects In Engineering Education In Post-Covid Scenario” organized by Department of Civil Engineering in association with IEI from 13/08/20 to 15/08/20